Saturday, March 16, 2013

Bath time

In our old house, Niles would come in when I would take a bath and go to sleep on my towel on the bath mat.  He was a good towel warmer!  Tonight, both the kittens decided to hang out with me.  But they both sat on the edge of the tub, instead of the floor.

My right hand cat, Snowy, looking very regal perched on my towel.

My left hand cat, Whiskers, who was very interested in the water.

And then something happened that I would not believe if I hadn't seen.  Whiskers was on the edge, looking down at the water, and became apparently more curious.  First he dipped in his right paw.  "Jason!" I called out.  "Whiskers is looking for trouble..."  So Jason came in to keep an eye on him.  Whiskers dipped in his left paw next, and Jason laughed.

And then Whiskers took a flying leap into the water!  He did not fall in, he jumped in, very purposefully.  The splash soaked the walls and Snowy, who got the heck out of there.  Whiskers paddled around for a second before Jason could yank him out of the water.  Now, we gave Niles baths multiple times, and it was an experience in (barely) controlled chaos that involved a lot of yowling and a lot of flesh wounds for us.  Whiskers didn't claw Jason when he was pulled out.  He acted like he'd been picked up from the couch, or the floor.  Except of course he was dripping wet.  The kids decided Whiskers, despite being a Scottish Fold, must have some Turkish Van in his blood lines somewhere.  Turkish Vans love water.  And Whiskers seems to like it, too.  But I'd prefer next time he not share the bath with me. ;)

A very unconcerned, very wet Whiskers.  Hayden thinks he is looking extra fluffy tonight, now that he's dried.  Still shaking my head...

1 comment: